Monday, June 28, 2010

home*sweet*home


A 24+ hour mission from Seoul to Binghamton, NY brought me through Japan over Alaska to Chicago and finally landing in Syracuse, where my parents met me and chauffeured me back to the sweet, rural, small town, Binghamton NY~

home*sweet*home

I returned to a party celebrating a year of holidays that I missed!!
[my mother is so clever!!]

birthdays & valentines day & thanksgiving,
[yes! there was a plastic christmas tree in our living room in June!!]
halloween,

st. patrick's day,

& easter!

[Left over apple pie ~ luckily not actually from Thanksgiving!!]

Since my return I've been busy playing catch up with family and friends. So many places and people to see, time has been flying by. Even with being away for over a year, so little has changed~ The trees seem a bit taller, and there are some new franchised businesses (grrr) but all is quite familiar.

Jet lag set in for a solid 2 weeks of 3 AM bed times and 6 AM wake ups~
And all the food I missed for a year, I couldn't eat~ all my stomach wanted was some rice!
But a weak stomach didn't stop Chef Umma and I from playing in the kitchen.
the age old cookbook, with all the answers~ ^^
turkey and spinach meatballs
[YUM! banana cream pie!]

[avocado!~ i forgot about you!, and we roasted those red peppers at home & lettuce from the garden]
[my mom is the queen of cast iron pans]

1 comment:

  1. wow..They all look so awesome! ur mom is so great!:)

    ReplyDelete