Monday, September 20, 2010

Habitat for Humanity :: Construction Volunteer Lead


I've traded in my color pencils and flash cards as an English teacher in South Korea, and now gear up for the work day by lacing up my steel toe books, buckling on my tool belt and securing my hardhat in Seattle.

Friday was the start of the annual Habitat for Humanity Build-A-Thon. I lead my first group of volunteers, 4 ambitious computer programers from Expedia; we spent the day measuring, cutting, and attaching studs along the mud sill for the party wall.
Hopefully when we return next week the wall is still standing! ^.~

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my~~ Is that you, Jessica teacher???
    unbelievable.
    You look so strong and great:)
    I really like this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betty Teacher~!! ^___^
    Maybe you can visit Seattle and we can drink great coffee and build a house together~! ^.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's a Lad to do about getting an update every now and then? I've only been waiting 6 months!

    ReplyDelete