Thursday, September 2, 2010

Written from Seattle

My first experience on the West coast of America (besides silly layovers in Cali Airports) was August 16th, while my new (skype introduced) housemate Adam drove me through the city of Seattle from the SeaTac Airport to our home in Ravenna, Seattle.

A cozy, 1930's house with brightly painted walls with great yard and tree lined street is my new west coast home, which I share with 3 others in the midst of their graduate studies. Half the house is from Portland, the other half is from upstate NY.




first house bread and we're hooked


sweet attic room and wide window with ledge

japanese pagoda succulent and market find lamp


garden graveyard

~ Ravenna Park ~ two blocks away~

my sweet Univega Vintage Mixte road bike

The neighborhood has great markets and parks, friendly vibe, and good coffee. My conclusion after 48 hours in this new city: everyone wants to have a chat! People are so friendly and talkative. It's not like in NY when the Barista asks you how you are, and you know you should answer using either “good” or “fine” even if you feel like venting or boosting about the previous life events. Here they actually want to know; I've often been asked, what I was doing that day, and it wasn't a creepy males pick up line, it was genuine interest and friendliness. So now I'm wondering if Seattle is an overly happy place, or if most people in NY are just miserable. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment