Saturday, December 19, 2009

fresh from the kiln


The beginner course at Maru & An Ceramics Studio has been completed. Here are the results from the first half of my studies. //Larger pieces are still to be fired//

[coil/asymmetrical vase/carved design]

[slab building]


[slab plates decorated with three different Korean techniques]

[slabs manipulated with stones, sticks, and soda powder; then formed or carved]




[the cupcake, which makes all the Koreans laugh // dedicated to Mara Theophila]

And now I move on to a sore wrist from hours spent mixing clay up and down, and finding my center on the wheel.

3 comments:

  1. I pine for that mug like I pine for the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. make me a cupcake pleaseee :)
    btw i love love love the necklace! thank youu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could redo Korea, I would of done the same as ya and signed up for a class. So sweet! Oh, and of course you made mama proud^^

    ReplyDelete