Sunday, November 8, 2009

6th Month Anniversary [and I'm Almost Korean]

Today marks my six month anniversary with Korea. Also known was the half way point. Time goes so fast; it feels like I have only been in this eastern land for a few weeks. But on the other hand I have become so accustom to kimchi and adjumas sometimes I think I have been here for years. What is cheese anyways?

In my six month stay, I'd say a part of me has become Korean. Some korean idiosyncrasies I have picked up prove I'm almost Korean...


    peace signs are essential in photos

    giving/receiving things using two hands

    I always want to take my shoes off (mmm, or have I always?)

    nodding my head when greeting someone

    Sometimes I speak in that whiney korean way, just for fun though ;)

    those crazy toilets built into the ground no longer scare me

    I love climbing mountains

    yelling “yogi-yo” when you need the waitress at a restaurant no longer seems rude to me

    meals are eaten fluently with chopsticks

    my cellphone is complete with a dangle charm

    I can open a bottle of Cass with a spoon~ thank you Alex teacher ;)

    shuffling my feet while walking

    using Korean expressions like “WHUA” or “YAH” when something surprises me


But I'm not one hundred percent korean yet.


I don't wear socks with my sandals

I never have an umbrella when it rains, and if I do think to bring it on a grey day, it never rains

kimchi is not a necessity for every meal

contrary to Greg's thinking, I do not use a trekking pole while hiking

I love bread and cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment