Tuesday, October 13, 2009

first there was fire, then there was bread


The wish for warm bread and tea during tonights rain storm let to an eventful evening. The project began well; without any proper measuring the dough looked promising. Into the toaster oven, which is Koreas closest to an oven, I attempt the warm environment for rising.

Nearly perfection, 45 minutes in. Until I got gutsy, and distracted. And it's proof that I am my mothers daughter. I burned a dish towel and managed to set fire to my recipe book while ruining the dough.

However, the flames didn't halt my bread motives, and with the second round of kneading, rising, and baking, resulted in three sweet and lovely loaves of fresh, warm bread. Granted it's no bread made by Greg Allen.... but I can only try to be as good as the teacher.

2 comments:

  1. ha aw kid. I'm sure you will do better. Next time, sit next to the oven with a good book. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, this is Jaime ha I didn't realize I never changed the username on this

    ReplyDelete